UPDATE: Following my first Sunshine Blogger nomination, I was nominated again. Not just once, though twice. So, I’ve updated the original post to include the two amazing bloggers that nominated me for the second and third time.
I’d like to start this post by acknowledging the lovely Hannah Bassett of Made With Love . The amazing Lia of Inside the Thought of Lia, and My Happy Place of I Am In My Happy Place for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Two of them One of me has only been up and running since February this year. So, I’m delighted to know that fellow bloggers have recognised and enjoyed my content.
Hannah asked me 11 question which I’ve answered below;
1. How did you decide on what topic(s) you wanted your blog to be about?
I’d define myself as a personal blogger, so I blog about anything that has occurred or is occurring in my life. I think raising the twins on my own, really comes into play with most things I write and so, I’d say that’s how I decided what to blog about.
2. Is there anything about blogging you don’t enjoy?
Yes, and funnily enough it’s social media. The day I published my blog, I re-joined the social media world. I’ll be honest I’m loving the engagement on Twitter and all the lovely people that I’ve come into contact with. I’m considering joining Facebook and Instagram but that’s something I don’t think I’ll enjoy, so I’m taking my time.
3. Do you have to juggle blogging with other things e.g. a job and, if so, how difficult is this for you?
I do, apart from being a mommy to two beautiful children. I’m a student, I study Forensic Psychology and I’ll be going into my 3rdyear in September. I found it really difficult to keep up with blogging during the assessment period this year.
4. Aside from twitter, what other forms of social media do you use to promote your blog?
No, well I don’t think so. This might sound silly but is Pinterest social media? If, so then Yes. But, Twitter is the main one. I think I might have explained this in the answer for question 2.
5. Has there ever been a time when you considered walking away from blogging?
There hasn’t, I mean it was difficult keeping up with blogging when I was studying hard. But, no I’m fairly new to the blogging world and I don’t think I’ve shared enough of my story or inspired enough people, if any yet.
6. What sort of reaction do you get from people when you tell them you’re a blogger?
Honestly, I don’t think I tell enough people I’m a blogger. The reaction I got when I published my first post was amazing. But, then that’s from people who took the time to read it and leave me a comment. The times I have told people, I’ve had quite mixed reactions. Some d@£khead ones from people who don’t understand or care to understand even if you explain. Usually though, people just want to know more, like what I blog about and why I started.
7. Is there a blogger who has inspired you in anyway?
Yes. But, very recently. Before I started blogging, I didn’t read blogs very often. And if I did, I didn’t find myself relating to them. That’s probably because I wasn’t looking in the right places, since joining Twitter I’ve come across some talented people (yes, I consider blogging a talent). One person that’s inspired me the most is Reni Eddo-Lodge, award winning author and journalist.
8. Do you have a favourite blogger?
All my favourite bloggers will be nominated for this award.
9. What would make you hit that “follow” button on someone’s blog?
I hit the follow button when the writer’s personality shines through their writing. I’m a sucker for great quality pictures, that relate to the posts. I also like blogs that have advice and tip that I find useful and most importantly for me is relatable content. Oh, and I can’t forget a travel blog that makes me want to add another place to my bucket list.
10. When did you decide you would start blogging?
I decided I would start blogging February this year. That was after thinking about it for a whole year.
11. What do you love most about blogging?
I don’t think theres just one thing in particular I love about blogging, so I’ve got three things. I love the engagement on Twitter, knowing at least one person relates to my content so much so that they leave a comment and looking at all the places my blog has reached.
For any reader or even nominee who isn’t aware of the rules of the award, they are as follows:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
3. Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 different questions
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog site
The nominees are (Award Show Voice)
And, the questions I’d love you all to answer are;
1. What was it that made you think “Right, I’ve got to share this with the world”?
2. How did the people around you react when you published your first blog post?
3. Have you acquired any new skills whilst blogging? If so what are they?
4. Do you set goals for your blog? If so what are the top two for July?
5. What is it about blogging that gives you the biggest buzz?
6. Is there anything you don’t like about blogging? If so what is it?
7. What would be your dream blogger collaboration?
8. What is your favourite thing to write about on your blog?
9. What kind of blogs do you enjoy reading the most?
10. What inspires you to keep creating content?
11. If you had one wish, what would it be?
So, to the lovely lady Hannah Bassett , Lia and My Happy Place thank you for the nomination. Everyone please check them out. To all my nominees, your blogs are amazing, and I can’t wait to see how your blogger journey’s continue to unfold and I’m wishing you all the most success.
Thanks for reading,